Re-instate the A&E Department at Buckland Hospital, Dover

Dear friends,

I just signed the petition "Re-instate the A&E Department at Buckland Hospital, Dover" and wanted to ask if you could add your name too.

This campaign means a lot to me and the more support we can get behind it, the better chance we have of succeeding. You can read more and sign the petition below: 

Temple Ewell village events

Thurs 11 - W.I. Meeting 7pm in the Village Hall
21-28 - Players’ Panto - Dick Whittington

Thurs 8 - W.I. Meeting 7pm in the Village Hall
Sat 10 - Produce Association Coffee Morning
Thurs 8 - W.I. Meeting 7pm in the Village Hall
Sat 31 - Produce Association Spring Show
Thurs 12 - W.I. Meeting 7pm in the Village Hall
Tues 24 - Annual Parish Meeting
Thurs 10 - W.I. Meeting 7pm in the Village Hall
13-20 - Players’ Spring Show
Tues 29 - Parish Council AGM
Thurs 14 - W.I. Meeting 7pm in the Village Hall
        Advertise any other village events within comments

        FixMyStreet Web site

        Report, view, or discuss local problems
        (like graffiti, fly tipping, broken paving slabs, or street lighting)

        Comments/ Updates should be entered directly via the Fix my Street Website - Link below. I reserve the right to copy comments received on to the main Fix my Street website if appropriate . 
        I  automatically receive alerts from the Fix my Street website for the Temple Ewell area, via email, which are then published on my website to alert residents.

        I am in no way responsible for the comments received from the Fix my Street Website.
        Click here to Visit

        Show your photos in the PHOTO Gallery provided on this Blog, other residents might help your issue by submitting a complaint themselves.

        School/Public safety crossing London Road in the area of outside George & Dragon Place

        • On going since 2006 Parish Council / Kent Highways  were made aware of this problem.
        • Not one of the suggestions made has been implemented to try and ease the problem until a crossing patrol person is found!

        Please help leave your comments / suggestions below.

        Local Businesses - Clubs - Hobbies - Recreation - Crafts section -

        FowlMead Country Park "much more than a walk in the park"
        Details & forthcoming events can be found via this link

        Advertise your Local Businesses - Clubs - Hobbies - Recreation - Crafts in this section - Add your Website details if you wish.

        Youngsters views on Temple Ewell village life

        Example - Comment on your favourite Web sites
        What would you like in Temple Ewell for entertainment?
        Leave your comments below

        Dover District Council / Kent Highways - Air your views - Leave comments

        Is your Local MP effectivly working for you?

        Have you, or anyone you know, ever contacted  your Local MP?
        1. Did he acknowledge your problem?
        2. Did he address you problem effectively?
        3. Did he say he was too busy?
        4. Did his secretary ring to say "he does not deal with those issues"?
        5. Did he say "too small an issue/problem"?
        Voice your opinion about your local MP by leaving your views/experience within the comments area below and/or using the VOTE CASTER on the Blog.

        Do you want to send a message to your local MP? click here (via or enter your Post Code in box provided below. direct Web link
        Enables you to Contact your Councillors, MP, MEPs, MSPs, or Northern Ireland, Welsh and London AMs for free.

        Two weeks after your message has been sent, they will email you again asking if your representative has been in touch. cannot be held responsible for any representative's failure get in touch, but we think it worthwhile to track their responsiveness. You can see the statistics we make from this - Click here.

        Post your views on Temple Ewell village life

        Correspondence - Click here to view.

        My Petition to the Prime Minister to Review the effectiveness of "The Standards Board for England "

        Good News - Standards Board for England have stopped dealing with authorities complaints.
        As from May 2008,
        if you want to make a complaint about the conduct of a councillor, you must write to the standards committee of the council concerned. If your complaint is about a parish or town councillor, you should send it to your district or unitary authority – in other words,the council that collects your council tax. 

        You can also make a complaint about a member of other bodies like police authorities, fire authorities, national park authorities and passenger transport authorities, which have standards committees as well. The standards committee publishes information on how to make a complaint. If you can’t find the right address for it you should send your complaint to the main office of the council or authority. You can find the authority’s address on its website or in the phone book.

        More details are available in the comments below or @


        If you have time please look at my other blog
        that highlights problems of the SBE. One of the functions of the SBE is to oversee Parish Councils (Code of Conduct). Some of the residents of TE have used the services of the SBE to complain about TE Parish Council and found it to be a complete waste of time (hence my petition).
        The Blog contains various Web links from other Councillors & public information.
        Hot topics are as follows:

        • The Standards Board (again)
        • John Hemmings MP Web log
        • Employing 100 staff and a team of ethical standards officers each paid £61,000 a year
        • Bob Piper - dropping standards
        • Standards Board failing the public
        Use link below.

        Thank you for your time.